Monday, September 17, 2012

Kitty Litter Surprise


No better way to make a come back than to make people want to exit out of my blog because of pure disgust.

My excuse for not blogging started with not having a camera that takes pictures anymore...then it was being too busy...then it was feeling my blog was read by me and my husband so why try? (I usually force him to read it and then give me compliments)

I bought a new camera, am making time for food and blogging, and will soon be teaming up with one of my FAVORITE foodies of all time. She will make her grand entrance soon and I can't wait to introduce her to you.

We were out picking fruit from my friend's fruit trees when she told me how much she wanted to have a food blog. She may have been on my shoulders picking pears out of the tree when we came up with the idea, but I said, "BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR ON MY DYING BLOG!!!"

We've made it official and soon will be documenting our foodie adventures. She is one of the best cooks I know. She is also by far, hands down, the healthiest person I know. Aren't you all so excited to meet her now?? Plus, she's one of my best friends on the planet and she would definitely be on the list of people I would choose to join me on a deserted island if it ever got to that point.

Get excited if you like healthy and delicious food because this blog's about to get crazy.

Now that I've got your attention, I realize it's been awhile since I've added to the "eat your feelings category." I know, you're probably thinking, "I always eat cat litter when I'm eating my feelings!"

DUH! That's why I finally put it on the food blog! Kitty Litter Surprise. I credit my long lost cousin Amy for this recipe. I haven't seen Amy in a long time, but I'll never forget when she showed up at a family party with this awesome kitty littler dessert.

Dan got REALLY excited about the idea of a kitty litter dessert and we decided to bring it to our monthly family dinner. Since I can't keep cake in the house, I put the leftovers down the garbage disposal right after taking one last giant spoonful (and by spoonful I mean shovel full of course)

You should definitely make this. Even if there is no special occasion. People will be really grossed out and it will be awesome!




Ingredients:
  • White cake mix
  • Chocolate cake mix
  • 2 packages of vanilla pudding (4 servings/pkg size)
  • 4 Cups of milk
  • 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies
  • 2 large Tootsie Roll sticks
  • Green food coloring
  • 1 cat litter box
  • 1 cat litter scoop 
Directions:
  1. Make the white cake according to directions. Make the chocolate cake according to directions.  Bake the cakes and then let them cool.
  2. Mix the 2 packages of pudding with 4 cups of milk and beat until smooth. Allow to chill for 20 minutes.
  3. Using your hands, crumble the white and chocolate cakes in the kitty litter pan. Mix until well combined. Add the chilled pudding to the crumbled cake mixture and stir until combined.
  4. In the food processor, process the entire package of vanilla sandwich cookies until it looks like creamy dirt. Add several drops of green food coloring and process again until greenish-yellowsh.
  5. Spread the cookie mix on top of the cake and pudding layer.
  6. Cut the tootsie rolls into small sections and microwave for 5 seconds. Using your hands, manipulate the tootsie rolls into poop-like shapes.
  7. Strategically place rolled tootsie rolls around in the cookie litter until it looks disgusting. Add the Scoop and dangle a few pieces of tootsie poop to make it even more unappetizing. Serve!
One of these
Some of those
A little of this

BAM! You get this lovely dessert.
Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment